Sport Business Talent is working with OBS (Olympic Broadcast Services) to recruit their future:
Ahead of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, the Olympic Channel is looking for Data Engineers to join our fast-growing digital data & analytics team based in Madrid. You will have the opportunity to work at the intersection of Data, Sport and Media across the Olympic digital ecosystem comprising the Olympic Channel, olympic.org alongside the sites and apps of Olympic Games Organizing Committees such as Tokyo 2020.
Our team is responsible for a wide range of data-related activities including:
- Using data to answer critical business questions, such as which content topics we should focus on, or how fans engage with our platforms and content
- Devising metric frameworks for measuring business performance, and automating their production
- Analyzing performance to advise teams on tactical improvements
- Contributing to the strategy development process
- Production models that deliver product features
- Fan data architecture and integrations
We are a dynamic, informal and multicultural team of specialists so far from 13 different countries with a range of skills from data, statistics, and engineering to business communications and project management. We highly value diversity of background and perspective. We work in close collaboration with colleagues who are experts in areas such as editorial, marketing, commercial, product and technical delivery. Our working language is English
- Support the Digital Strategy of the IOC in the lead-up to Tokyo2020, Beijing2022 and other events, by collecting and distributing necessary data, and presenting production predictive models for use in end-user products.
- Be responsible of the infrastructure used in the next Olympic Games.
- Participate in the design and development of audience facing key components.
- Maintain and improve the security of our systems.
- Collect and prepare data for our Data Scientist team.
- Contribute with the integration of our systems with other departments (CRM, SSO, etc).
- Contribute to data schema structure and ensure adherence.
- QA data as it comes into and out of our systems.
Education and Experience
- Knowledge about serverless cloud architecture principles. Desirable experience in AWS or Alibaba.
- 2+ years of experience with Python (including testing).
- 2+ years of experience implementing ETL flows using both file and API sources.
- Familiar with CI/CD workflows in Cloud environment (Desirable Cloud Formation).
- Knowledge of data structuring and schema best practices and standards.
- Ability to self-manage priorities in an environment with a constant mix of urgent and important.
- Familiar with one or more tools is a plus: search engines like Elastic Search, SAP CDC, Salesforce MC, Segment.
- Fluent written and spoken in English.
- Thrilled to be part of a major worldwide sporting event.
Workplace and Environment
- Fast-paced work environment.
- This position is either a temporary contract based in Madrid or a freelance remote opportunity. The duration is 2 years.
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks.