Department: Corporate Development, Brand and Sustainability
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Open-ended
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: 01.04.2018
Deadline to apply: 05.02.2018
The Head of Corporate Development will help to strengthen collaboration and cross-functionality at the IOC by: steering the medium-term and annual planning process, overseeing the programmes and projects portfolio, overseeing the services and products portfolio.
Medium-term and annual plans
- Act as the liaison point between the policy and operational levels with regard to the planning process and converting strategic priorities into operational objectives (including Olympic Agenda 2020 and summary of Commissions’ recommendations).
- Define the methodology to draw up the four-year and annual plans.
- Ensure integration with the Finance Department and Human Resources during the Plan & Budget Committee process and the preparation of documents for decision-making at the level of the Office of the Director General and the Executive Office of the President.
- Oversee the planning formalisation process and communication to the various departments and stakeholders, in coordination with the Plan & Budget Committee and the Strategic Communications Department.
- Oversee the implementation of the medium-term and annual plans in the various departments and on cross-functional matters.
- Establish the corporate roadmap around key dates within the organisation in order to leverage institutional meetings (Executive Board and Commissions) and operational meetings (President-Directors meeting, Directors’ meetings, Senior Managers’ seminars) to implement the plan.
Programmes and projects portfolio
- Oversee the IOC’s institutional programmes (tailored governance implementation, guidelines, review of associated risks, implementation monitoring, direct link with programme managers, ex post facto analysis of the delivery of the expected benefits, etc.).
- Monitor new strategic ideas that could give rise to projects.
- Oversee the IOC’s projects portfolio (formalisation, monitoring, reporting and debriefing) with a view to finding correlations between projects and maximising synergies.
Services and products portfolio
- Oversee the IOC services portfolio (services portfolio per entity) and keep it up to date; identify interfaces, duplications and potential synergies so as to put forward proposals to optimise the organisation’s activities, in conjunction with Human Resources in particular.
- Oversee the products portfolio and keep it up to date; ensure product alignment with the brand platform (IOC missions, etc.).
- Identify the means for improving how the organisation operates (synergies, collaboration, etc.).
- Assist with the process of transforming the organisation (matrix management, collaboration, internal communication, etc.).
Education; language and IT competences
- Post-graduate diploma (Master’s, MBA, etc.) or professional experience deemed equivalent to this.
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in the field of management consultancy, strategic planning, corporate development, project management organisation, etc.
- Mother tongue English or French, with excellent oral and written knowledge of the other language.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.