Department: Television & Marketing Services SA
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Maximum Duration Contract
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: 01.01.2018
Duration: 3 years
Deadline to apply: 30.11.2017
The Commercial Counsel manages legal and business affairs, supports to the Olympic Games commercial management activities of IOC Television & Marketing Services S.A. (ITMS).
This role will report directly to the Head of Marketing Legal & Business Affairs of ITMS and be focused on the drafting, negotiation and review of agreements relating to the commercial management of the Olympic Games.
- managing legal support to the ITMS Commercial Integration team for the oversight of commercial arrangements between the IOC and the organising committees of the Olympic Games (OCOGs), including compliance with the commitments undertaken on behalf of the future OCOGs during the candidature process and proper implementation of their domestic marketing programmes; and
- the development and delivery of materials and presentations for internal education and stakeholder education, including OCOG education, partnership reviews and candidature processes.
This role will also include:
- commercial legal and business affairs support regarding relations with TOP Partners, National Olympic Committees and others, as appropriate;
- ensuring that the interests of the Olympic Movement and the IOC are correctly represented;
- ensuring proper contract management of all agreements and documentation for which he or she is responsible;
- Instructing and supervising any external counsel as required; and
- other duties as assigned by the Head of Marketing Legal & Business Affairs.
Profile and skills
- University law degree.
- Accredited to practice law in home jurisdiction.
- Exceptional drafting skills in English. French language skills an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a commercial lawyer acting in the commercial sports or entertainment sector, with significant demonstrable experience providing high quality advice in relation to complex arrangements.
- Training and post-qualification experience at a commercial law firm, including significant experience in complex international commercial contracts and exploitation of intellectual property rights, and with experience in the sport sector and/or in-house preferred.
- Project management certification an advantage.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.